Greek banks' ECB funding drops, ELA rises in January
ATHENS, March 7
ATHENS, March 7 (Reuters) - European Central Bank funding to Greek banks dropped by 2.5 billion euros to 60.72 billion euros at end-January from the previous month, the Bank of Greece said on Friday.
Emergency liquidity assistance (ELA) from the Greek central bank, by contrast, rose in the same period, to 10.12 billion euros from 9.79 billion, the figures showed.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S