Mastercard, Visa form cross-industry group for payment security
March 7 (Reuters) - Credit card companies MasterCard Inc and Visa Inc said they had formed a new cross-industry group to enhance payment system security across networks.
The new group, which will include representatives from the retailing, financial and equipment manufacturing industries, will initially focus on the adoption of EMV chip technology in the United States, MasterCard said.
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |