Malaysia Airlines loses contact with Beijing-bound flight carrying 227
March 8 (Reuters) - Malaysia Airlines said it had lost contact with a flight carrying 227 passengers from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on Saturday, according to a statement on the company's Facebook page.
The Boeing B777-200 aircraft departed Kuala Lumpur at 12:41 a.m. and was expected to land in Beijing at 6:30 a.m. The flight lost contact with air traffic control at 2:40 a.m.
The flight was carrying 227 passengers, including two infants and 12 crew members.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies