Reed wins WGC-Cadillac Championship
DORAL, Florida (Reuters) - American Patrick Reed won the WGC-Cadillac championship by one stroke on Sunday.
Reed shot a final round of even-par 72 to finish the $9 million tournament at four-under 284, one shot clear of Bubba Watson and Jamie Donaldson.
World number one Tiger Woods failed to mount a challenge, closing with a 78 to finish tied for 25th.
Reed, 23, became the youngest winner of a World Golf Championship event.
(Reporting by Steve Keating, Editing by Julian Linden)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32