La Jolla Pharma's drug improves kidney function in mid-stage study
March 10 (Reuters) - La Jolla Pharmaceutical Co said its experimental drug to treat chronic kidney disease met the main goal of improving kidney function in a mid-stage study.
The company said a lower dose of the drug, codenamed GCS-100, showed an increase in the rate of blood filtering through the kidneys, compared with a placebo.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- UK's Cameron shifts tack on constitutional shake-up to mollify Scots
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Selling Mitch McConnell: What's love got to do with it?
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |