U.S. Senate preparing Ukraine bill with sanctions loan guarantees -aides
WASHINGTON, March 10
WASHINGTON, March 10 (Reuters) - U.S. senators are preparing a bill to address the crisis in Ukraine that includes sanctions and aid provisions, as well as the backing for loan guarantees that were in a measure passed by the House of Representatives last week, Senate aides said on Monday.
However, members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee working on the legislation were still undecided on whether to include a shift in funding for the International Monetary Fund that has been urged by the Obama administration, the aides said.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- Apple's Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine, Russia, EU likely to agree gas supply deal on Thursday: officials