REFILE-Standard Chartered takes $57 mln stake in Copperbelt Energy
Lusaka, March 11 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered's private equity arm has acquired around a quarter of Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc for $57 million, its first such investment in the growing African power industry.
Standard Chartered, the London-based bank focused on emerging markets, and Lusaka-listed Copperbelt Energy made the announcement in a joint statement on Tuesday.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |