REFILE-Standard Chartered takes $57 mln stake in Copperbelt Energy
Lusaka, March 11 (Reuters) - Standard Chartered's private equity arm has acquired around a quarter of Zambia's Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc for $57 million, its first such investment in the growing African power industry.
Standard Chartered, the London-based bank focused on emerging markets, and Lusaka-listed Copperbelt Energy made the announcement in a joint statement on Tuesday.
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Kurds say they have halted Islamic State advance on Syrian town |