Sanofi, UCB set up drug development partnership
PARIS (Reuters) - French and Belgian drugmakers Sanofi and UCB have entered a partnership aimed at finding treatments for so-called immune-mediated diseases in areas such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel conditions.
The two companies would share costs and profits on a 50:50 basis, Sanofi said in a statement on Tuesday.
UCB will be entitled to initial upfront, preclinical and clinical development milestone payments from Sanofi that could exceed 100 million euros ($139 million), Sanofi added.
($1 = 0.7205 Euros)
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |