Olympic champion Samkova suffers concussion in training fall
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Czech Eva Samkova, the Olympic snowboarding cross champion at the Sochi Games, suffered a concussion as well as shoulder and ankle injuries after a crash in training in Switzerland on Tuesday, news agency CTK reported.
The Czech news agency said the 20-year-old was taken to hospital by helicopter after a fall before a World Cup race in Veysonnaz.
Coach Marek Jelinek said Samkova fell on a jump that had caused problems for a number of racers.
"It was nonsense, a stupid thing," CTK agency quoted him as saying. "Several other people got injured there."
He said Samkova "saw stars for 10 minutes" and suffered a painful ankle injury.
(Reporting by Jan Lopatka, editing by Justin Palmer)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of invasion after aid convoy crosses border |
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling