Deutsche Post Q4 profit rises on parcels, courier business
FRANKFURT, March 12
FRANKFURT, March 12 (Reuters) - Deutsche Post reported a 7 percent rise in operating profit in fourth quarter, beating estimates, partly boosted by its parcel business and strong growth in its international courier Express division.
The world's No. 1 postal and logistics group by revenue posted fourth-quarter earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) of 885 million euros ($1.23 billion) compared with 827 million last year and revenue of 14.494 billion, down 0.6 percent.
The average in a Reuters poll was for EBIT of 878 million euros and revenue of 14.783 billion.
It proposed to pay a dividend of 0.80 euro per share, beating estimates of 0.76 euro and higher than 0.70 euro paid the previous year. ($1 = 0.7212 euros) (Reporting by Marilyn Gerlach; Editing by Victoria Bryan)
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |