Sudanese police fire tear gas at funeral for slain student
KHARTOUM (Reuters) - Security forces in the Sudanese capital Khartoum on Wednesday fired tear gas at demonstrators attending a funeral for a student killed a day earlier, a Reuters witness said.
The student died during a 200-strong protest march at Khartoum University against escalating violence in the western Darfur region.
Police said on Tuesday they would investigate the death of the student, who died after police fired tear gas at the protest.
(Reporting By Khaled Abdelaziz, writing by Noah Browning; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Somali officials say U.S. struck where al Shabaab were meeting
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro