UPDATE 1-Egypt's Orascom TMT 2013 after-tax profit tumbles 70 pct
CAIRO, March 13 (Reuters) - Egypt's Orascom Telecom Media and Technology Holding said on Thursday its 2013 profit after tax dropped by 69.5 percent compared with a year earlier to 1.12 billion Egyptian pounds ($161 million).
OTMT also said that in 2012 it sold 29 percent of Egyptian mobile service provider Mobinil to France Telecom for 202.50 pounds per share. It kept 5 percent of Mobinil shares and France Telecom holds about 94 percent.
The 2013 results came in a statement published in financial newspaper Al-Mal. OTMT's shares closed at 1.51 pounds on Wednesday, putting its market cap at 7.92 billion pounds. ($1 = 6.9603 Egyptian Pounds) (Reporting by Shadia Nasralla and Ehab Farouk; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Missouri suburb braces for more racial unrest but calm prevails
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another