REFILE-Plug Power posts bigger quarterly loss on stock warrant charge
March 13 (Reuters) - Hydrogen fuel cell maker Plug Power Inc posted a bigger quarterly loss, hurt by a $21 million charge related to its stock warrants.
The company's net loss widened to $28.9 million, or 8 cents per share, in the fourth quarter ended Dec. 31, from $8.5 million, or 25 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue jumped 35.5 percent to $8 million.
The company's stock has soared since it said on Feb. 26 it would supply its hydrogen fuel cells to Wal-Mart Stores Inc .
Plug Power sources its fuel cell stacks from Canada's Ballard Power Systems Inc . The stacks convert hydrogen and oxygen into electricity.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM