Thai Union Frozen aims for 2014 sales of $4 bln
BANGKOK, March 13
BANGKOK, March 13 (Reuters) - Thai Union Frozen Products Pcl , the world's largest canned tuna producer, said on Thursday it aimed for sales of $4 billion in 2014, up 9 percent from 2013, with an estimated gross profit margin of at least 14 percent.
Thai Union, which makes the "Chicken of the Sea" brand and counts Wal-Mart and Costco among its buyers, planned to invest 3.5 billion baht ($108 million) this year, mostly to improve production, Wai Yat Paco Lee, head of investor relations, told reporters.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |