Russia will mirror any sanctions - deputy economy minister
MOSCOW, March 13
MOSCOW, March 13 (Reuters) - Russia will impose symmetrical sanctions if the United States and European Union impose their own, Deputy Economy Minister Alexei Likhachev said on Thursday.
"We are ready for any eventuality," Likhachev told journalists. "We will mirror (any actions)."
He also said the ministry hoped that any sanctions would be political not economic. "One would like to wish that if the European Union decides to impose any sanctions they will not restrain business cooperation," Likhachev said.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.