Russia will mirror any sanctions - deputy economy minister
MOSCOW, March 13
MOSCOW, March 13 (Reuters) - Russia will impose symmetrical sanctions if the United States and European Union impose their own, Deputy Economy Minister Alexei Likhachev said on Thursday.
"We are ready for any eventuality," Likhachev told journalists. "We will mirror (any actions)."
He also said the ministry hoped that any sanctions would be political not economic. "One would like to wish that if the European Union decides to impose any sanctions they will not restrain business cooperation," Likhachev said.
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State