UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
March 14 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* NuvoTV, an English-language cable channel for Latinos backed by Jennifer Lopez, made an offer for the Fuse cable channel including cash and equity valued at more than $200 million, people with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg. ()
* European buyout firm Charterhouse Capital Partners LLP is nearing a deal to acquire education software provider Skillsoft Ltd for more than $2 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
* Barclays is reviewing the size and shape of its investment bank, in a review that is expected to result in it shrinking and focusing on its most profitable areas, two people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Advancing Ukraine troops take fight to heart of pro-Moscow rebellion |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another