Merck extends offer period for AZ Electronic Materials
FRANKFURT, March 14
FRANKFURT, March 14 (Reuters) - German liquid crystal maker Merck KGaA extended the offer period for its planned takeover of Britain's AZ Electronic Materials for a fifth time on Friday as it awaits approval from Chinese antitrust regulators.
Shareholders now have until April 18 to tender their stock. The previous offer period would have expired on Friday.
Merck also lowered the minimum acceptance threshold, saying that the offer is now contingent on securing at least 75 percent of the share capital, rather than 95 percent.
- Qatar will not host World Cup: FIFA official
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- New Jersey man attacked and killed by black bear, police say
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State tells followers to attack U.S., French citizens: website