Kremlin website hit by "powerful" cyber attack
MOSCOW, March 14
MOSCOW, March 14 (Reuters) - Hackers knocked out the Russian presidency's website several times on Friday and brought down the central bank website, the Kremlin press service said.
"A powerful cyber attack is under way on the (Kremlin) site," a Kremlin spokeswoman said, adding that the attack was continuing and security experts were trying to prevent further disruptions.
She did not say who was believed to be behind the cyber attack.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Sweden says credible reports of foreign submarine in its waters