Russian MICEX stock hits its lowest level since October 2009
MOSCOW, March 14
MOSCOW, March 14 (Reuters) - Russia's MICEX stock index fell more than 5 percent on Friday to its lowest level since October 2009, two days before Crimea holds a referendum to vote on joining Russia.
The benchmark stock index was also hit by slowing growth in China which hurt risk-appetite.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown