Vivendi board sub-committee preferred Numericable bid- sources
PARIS, March 14
PARIS, March 14 (Reuters) - A board sub-committee of Vivendi charged with evaluating two competing bids for telecom unit SFR decided on Thursday that it preferred the one from local cable group Numericable, said two people close to the situation.
The four-person committee was led by Henri Lachmann, former CEO of Schneider Electric and administrator at Vivendi since 1998. Its reached a more positive view of the Numericable bid than a rival offer from conglomerate Bouygues, said the people, and was set to present to the whole board on Friday.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief