Magnitude 7.0 quake hits Chile's Pacific coast
March 16 (Reuters) - A magnitude 7.0 earthquake hit the Pacific coast of Chile at a depth of 20.5 miles (32 km), the U.S. Geological Survey said on Sunday.
The quake was centered 44 miles (70 km) northwest of Iquique, in northern Chile, the USGS said.
There were no immediate reports of injuries or damage. (Reporting by Peter Cooney; Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds