About 93 pct of voters in Crimea back union with Russia - state news agency
MOSCOW, March 16
MOSCOW, March 16 (Reuters) - About 93 percent of voters in Ukraine's Crimea region supported union with Russia on Sunday, Russian state news agency RIA quoted an exit poll as showing.
Polling stations in Crimea closed at 1800 GMT. Another Russian news agency, Interfax, said voter turnout had exceeded 80 percent.
The exit poll cited by RIA was conducted by the Crimean Institute of Political and Social Research.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years