About 93 pct of voters in Crimea back union with Russia - state news agency
MOSCOW, March 16
MOSCOW, March 16 (Reuters) - About 93 percent of voters in Ukraine's Crimea region supported union with Russia on Sunday, Russian state news agency RIA quoted an exit poll as showing.
Polling stations in Crimea closed at 1800 GMT. Another Russian news agency, Interfax, said voter turnout had exceeded 80 percent.
The exit poll cited by RIA was conducted by the Crimean Institute of Political and Social Research.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |