CORRECTED-Activist investor Bramson ups stake in Electra Private Equity
(Corrects stake held on Feb. 28 to 10.24 percent from 13.7 percent)
LONDON, March 17 (Reuters) - Activist investor Edward Bramson has raised his stake in one of Britain's oldest private equity firms, Electra Private Equity, months after banking hefty profits on the sale of a stake in peer 3i.
Sherborne Investors, the investment vehicle run by the media-shy entrepreneur, now has an 18.39 percent stake in the company, Electra Private Equity said in a statement, up from 10.24 percent on Feb. 28, when Sherborne announced its interest.
Sherborne could not immediately be reached for comment. (Reporting by Simon Jessop and Anjuli Davies)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows