Manila Water says signs MOU for proposed Yangon water project
MANILA, March 17
MANILA, March 17 (Reuters) - Manila Water Company Inc. , one of two major water concessionaires in the Philippines, said on Monday it had signed a memorandum of understanding with the Yangon City Development Committee in Myanmar for a proposed water project.
The project, which Manila Water will develop with partner Mitsubishi Corp of Japan, involves reducing non-revenue water in Yangon City.
Shares of Manila Water, a unit of Philippine conglomerate Ayala Corporation, were up 1.3 percent at noon break, outperforming the broader market which slid 0.13 percent.
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife edge |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IMF warns of risks from 'excessive' financial market bets
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints