PRESS DIGEST- China - March 17
March 17 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Monday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA BUSINESS NEWS
- Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co Ltd will likely acquire Shanghai Trust as part of the Shanghai government's plan to consolidate the city's financial industry, sources said.
- China International Marine Containers (Group) Ltd plans to invest 7 billion yuan in a production base in southern Guangdong province to make logistics equipment.
- Singapore-based bakery chain BreakTalk said it has isolated all of the ingredients bought from a Hangzhou-based supplier after China Central Television accused the supplier of selling out-of-date goods.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran