Russia's parliament to back Crimea vote result on Tuesday - Interfax
MOSCOW, March 17
MOSCOW, March 17 (Reuters) - Russia's lower house of parliament will issue a statement in support of Crimea's referendum results on Tuesday, the news agency Interfax cited a deputy speaker of the house as saying on Monday.
"Tomorrow morning there will be a statement on Crimea," Interfax cited Deputy Speaker Ivan Melnikov as saying.
A Moscow-backed referendum in the southern Ukrainian region of Crimea on Sunday showed overwhelming support for joining the Russian Federation.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead