US Department of Energy releases oil reserve sales results
March 17 (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Energy on Monday released results from its bid to sell 5 million barrels of oil from the nation's Strategic Petroleum Reserve.
Oil majors Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell were among the apparently successful bidders, along with independent refiners Phillips 66 and Marathon Petroleum and foreign trading firm Mercuria, documents show.
This is the first test sale from the reserve since 1990.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand