US Department of Energy releases oil reserve sales results
March 17 (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Energy on Monday released results from its bid to sell 5 million barrels of oil from the nation's Strategic Petroleum Reserve.
Oil majors Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell were among the apparently successful bidders, along with independent refiners Phillips 66 and Marathon Petroleum and foreign trading firm Mercuria, documents show.
This is the first test sale from the reserve since 1990.
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |