CORRECTED-Apple to replace iPad 2 with upgraded iPad 4
(Corrects paragraph 4 to say the iPad 2's price was reduced in 2012, not last year)
March 18 (Reuters) - Apple Inc said it would offer an upgraded iPad 4 tablet in place of the mid-range iPad 2 at the same price.
The iPad 4, which has a 9.7-inch Retina display and supports LTE carriers worldwide, is available at $399 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model and $529 for the 16GB Wi-Fi + cellular model at all four major U.S. carriers.
The fourth-generation iPad was launched in 2012, while the iPad 2 was launched in 2011.
Apple discontinued the iPad 4 last year when it launched its current flagship tablet, the iPad Air. It had reduced the iPad 2's price to $399 in 2012. (Reporting by Sruthi Ramakrishnan in Bangalore; Editing by Sriraj Kalluvila)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades