Canada's new finance minister to be named Wednesday-source
OTTAWA, March 18
OTTAWA, March 18 (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper will announce a new finance minister on Wednesday to replace Jim Flaherty, who resigned on Tuesday, a Conservative source told Reuters.
Flaherty stepped down after eight years in office, and Harper had said he would announce a replacement in the coming days, but the source said it would be on Wednesday.
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- U.S. attack on IS targets in Syria "will be answered" - fighter