Hertz to spin off equipment rental business for $2.5 bln
March 18 (Reuters) - Car rental company Hertz Global Holdings Inc said it would spin off its equipment rental business for $2.5 billion.
The division, Hertz Equipment Rental Corp, provides a wide range of rental equipment from small tools to heavy earthmoving equipment.
Hertz said part of the proceeds would be used to fund a newly approved $1 billion share repurchase program.
The company said it expects the separation, which will be through a tax-free distribution to shareholders, to close by early 2015.
- Obama critic D'Souza spared prison for violating election law
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on militants in Syria |
- Fired UPS worker kills two supervisors, self, in Alabama shooting
- Bin Laden son-in-law sentenced to life in U.S. prison
- Israel downs Syrian warplane it says violated its Golan airspace