UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 18
LONDON, March 18
LONDON, March 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 5 points higher, or up 0.1 percent, according to financial bookmaker IG.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.6 percent higher at 6,568.35 points on Monday, bouncing off Friday's one-month low after a week in which it fell 2.8 percent.
* BARCLAYS PLC : The bank will try to take the sting out of a heated debate over bankers' bonuses on Tuesday by pointing to a drop in the value of shares given to its top executives even as the lender's Chief Executive Antony Jenkins is awarded a 4 million pound ($6.66 million) payout, the Financial Times reported.
* ROYAL MAIL : The pleasure of delivering many Londoners their council tax bills, parking fines and other local bureaucratic paperwork is to revert to the Royal Mail, The Times reported on Tuesday.
* MONEYSUPERMARKET.COM : The price-comparison website's founder Simon Nixon plans to sell approximately 55 million existing ordinary 0.02 pence shares in the firm, representing approximately 10 percent of the issued share capital of the company, Moneysupermarket said after the market close on Monday.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
J SAINSBURY PLC Q4 TRADE
ANTOFAGASTA PLC PRELIM
ASOS PLC TRADING
BERKELEY GROUP HOLDINGS PLC TRADING
CAIRN ENERGY PLC PRELIM
HISCOX LTD EGM
IG GROUP HOLDINGS PLC TRADING
RESOLUTION LTD PRELIM
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Civilians killed in eastern Ukraine in fierce fighting