OUE shares jump as S.Korea casino gets prelim approval
SINGAPORE, March 18
SINGAPORE, March 18 (Reuters) - Shares in property developer OUE Ltd jumped 6.3 percent to S$2.35, after the company, as a part of a consortium, received the preliminary approval from the South Korean government to build a casino in South Korea.
OUE, together with Lippo Ltd and Caesars Entertainment Corp, were granted a preliminary licence to build an intergrated entertainment resort, including a foreigners-only casino, estimated to cost 855 billion Korean won ($801.01 million) to construct.
OUE will focus on the hotel and convention centre of the project, a company statement said.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand