Winter storms hurt FedEx Q3 results; shares down
March 19 (Reuters) - FedEx Corp, the world's No. 2 package delivery company, posted lower-than-expected profit on Wednesday, saying it was significantly hurt by winter storms.
Shares of the company fell 2.2 percent to $135.59 before the markets opened.
For the third quarter, the company earned $378 million, or 1.23 a share, on revenue of $11.3 billion.
Analysts expecting earnings of $1.45 a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Nivedita Bhattacharjee in Chicago)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.