Iran's Zarif optimistic about July deadline for nuclear deal
VIENNA, March 19
VIENNA, March 19 (Reuters) - Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif said on Wednesday he was optimistic that Tehran and six world powers can reach a broad settlement in their nuclear dispute by a July 20 deadline.
Speaking on the second day of talks with the six nations in Vienna, he said negotiations were going "well", so far.
Asked whether he expected negotiators to meet their deadline, he told Reuters: "yes, I do ... I am optimistic about July 20". (Reporting by Fredrik Dahl; Writing by Justyna Pawlak; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols