KB Home posts profit, higher orders
March 19 (Reuters) - KB Home, the fifth-largest U.S. homebuilder, reported a quarterly profit compared with a year-earlier loss and said new home orders rose.
Net income was $10.6 million, or 12 cents per share, in the first quarter ended Feb. 28 compared with a loss of $12.5 million, or 16 cents per share, a year earlier.
New home orders rose 6 percent to 1,765 units.
(Reporting by Sweta Singh; Editing by Savio D'Souza)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years