Russia's Rostelecom earnings fall, sales flat
MOSCOW, March 19
MOSCOW, March 19 (Reuters) - Russian state-controlled telecoms group Rostelecom reported on Wednesday flat sales and a decline in earnings for the final quarter of 2013, hit by lower revenues from fixed-line calls and a high base effect.
Net profit for the fourth quarter was 1 billion roubles ($27.56 million), down from 2.7 billion roubles the year earlier, while revenues were unchanged at 85.3 billion roubles, the former fixed-line monopoly said in a statement.
The high base effect in 2012 was linked to the recognition of one-off profit gains. ($1 = 36.2805 Russian Roubles) (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; Editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Plane with first coffins of Malaysian airliner victims leaves Ukraine |