Taiwan's Fubon says looking at merger targets in China
TAIPEI, March 20
TAIPEI, March 20 (Reuters) - Taiwan's Fubon Financial Holding Co Ltd is considering acquiring brokerages in China's Anhui Province and Kunshan City, the firm's president told investors Thursday.
Taiwan and China have enjoyed warming ties in the financial sector over the past few years, opening the door to companies like Fubon to expand into mainland China.
(Reporting by Emily Chan; Writing by Michael Gold)
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |