UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
(Adds item on Xiabuxiabu Catering Management)
March 20 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Thursday:
* Xiabuxiabu Catering Management, a Chinese operator of hotpot restaurants, plans to seek about $300 million from an initial public offering in Hong Kong, two people with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg. (link.reuters.com/fam77v)
* Sime Darby has approached Temasek Holdings for a place in the consortium that made an offer for the shares of Olam International that it does not yet own, sources said.
* Food manufacturer TreeHouse Foods Inc is weighing a bid for Michael Foods Group Inc, joining a list of suitors that includes much larger rival Tyson Foods Inc, people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.
* The private equity arm of Goldman Sachs Group Inc and Oak Investment Partners are in talks to sell iHealth Technologies Inc in a deal that could value the medical claims company at more than $1 billion, people familiar with the matter said.
For the deals of the day click on
For the Morning News Call-EMEA newsletter click on (Compiled by Aashika Jain in Bangalore)
- Former WWE champ nabs suspected burglar in Arizona
- Thousands take to N.Y. streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- U.S. fighter jets escort Canadian plane home over passenger threat
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds