Russia says will not reconsider absorption of Crimea
MOSCOW, March 20
MOSCOW, March 20 (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Thursday that Crimea's absorption into Russia will not be reconsidered and must not be questioned, the ministry said.
In a telephone call, Lavrov "stressed that the decision on the reunification of Crimea with Russia, which reflects the will of an absolute majority of (Crimea's) residents, is not subject to review and should be respected", the ministry said.
(Reporting by Alexei Anishchuk; editing by Andrew Roche)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on