Florida executes man who used hammer to kill two female co-workers
TALLAHASSEE, Florida (Reuters) - A Florida man convicted of bludgeoning two women to death with a hammer and setting them on fire more than 26 years ago was executed on Thursday, a state prison official said.
Robert Lavern Henry, 55, was pronounced dead at 6:16 pm local time after receiving a lethal injection, said Misty Cash, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Corrections.
(Reporting by Bill Cotterell; Editing by Kevin Gray and Cynthia Johnston)
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role |
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds