Florida executes man who used hammer to kill two female co-workers
TALLAHASSEE, Florida (Reuters) - A Florida man convicted of bludgeoning two women to death with a hammer and setting them on fire more than 26 years ago was executed on Thursday, a state prison official said.
Robert Lavern Henry, 55, was pronounced dead at 6:16 pm local time after receiving a lethal injection, said Misty Cash, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Corrections.
(Reporting by Bill Cotterell; Editing by Kevin Gray and Cynthia Johnston)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight