Florida executes man who used hammer to kill two female co-workers
TALLAHASSEE, Florida (Reuters) - A Florida man convicted of bludgeoning two women to death with a hammer and setting them on fire more than 26 years ago was executed on Thursday, a state prison official said.
Robert Lavern Henry, 55, was pronounced dead at 6:16 pm local time after receiving a lethal injection, said Misty Cash, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Corrections.
(Reporting by Bill Cotterell; Editing by Kevin Gray and Cynthia Johnston)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies