USA to hold CEE military exercises in Poland -radio
WARSAW, March 21
WARSAW, March 21 (Reuters) - The United States is preparing military exercises in Poland that could involve Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria and the Baltics, the U.S. ambassador to Poland was quoted as saying on Friday.
In an emailed press release, private station Radio Zet said U.S. ambassador Stephen Mull had told it: "The U.S. is preparing large military exercises in the Lask base."
The Lask airbase is located in central Poland. (Reporting by Anna Wlodarczak-Semczuk; Writing by Marcin Goclowski; Editing by Adrian Krajewski and Catherine Evans)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients