Turkey's Denizbank in talks with SOCAR over $1.7 bln loan deal
BURSA, March 21
BURSA, March 21 (Reuters) - Turkish lender Denizbank is in talks with Azeri state oil company SOCAR over a $1.7 billion loan package for investments excluding TANAP pipeline project, Denizbank Chief Executive Officer Hakan Ates said on Friday.
SOCAR owns Turkish petrochemical company Petkim, and is building the $5.5 billion Star refinery in partnership with Turcas Petrol to supply feedstock to Petkim and cut Turkey's dependence on imported refined products.
(Reporting by Evrim Ergin; Writing by Ece Toksabay; Editing by Dasha Afanasieva)
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |