India's Axis Bank falls on government $935 million stake sale offer
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Axis Bank Ltd (AXBK.NS) fell as much as 2.6 percent after the Indian government launched an offer to sell up to a 9 percent stake in India's third-largest private-sector bank by assets to raise up to $935 million.
Axis Bank shares were down 1.9 percent, compared with a 0.3 percent gain in the broader NSE index .NSEI. Axis shares touched a low of 1,322.1 rupees earlier in the day.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria