India's Axis Bank falls on government $935 million stake sale offer
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Axis Bank Ltd (AXBK.NS) fell as much as 2.6 percent after the Indian government launched an offer to sell up to a 9 percent stake in India's third-largest private-sector bank by assets to raise up to $935 million.
Axis Bank shares were down 1.9 percent, compared with a 0.3 percent gain in the broader NSE index .NSEI. Axis shares touched a low of 1,322.1 rupees earlier in the day.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Bible left in North Korean sailor's club triggered U.S. tourist's arrest
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- U.S. House passes border-security funding bill to speed deportations |
- Israel looks for missing soldier; Hamas says he may have been killed |
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight