Malaysia says no confirmation yet of suspected jet debris
KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Investigators have no received evidence so far that two objects spotted by satellite in the Indian Ocean come from a missing passenger jet, a top Malaysian official said on Friday.
"I have been getting reports all morning. There is no positive corroboration yet," Defence Minister and acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein told reporters.
He was speaking after a search force resumed the hunt for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 in the remote southern Indian Ocean, trying to confirm a potential debris field.
(Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi, editing by Tim Hepher)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |