U.S.'s Rice: skeptical about Russia assurances on troop movement
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House national security adviser Susan Rice said on Friday the United States is skeptical of Russian assurances that troop movements on the Ukraine border are no more than military exercises.
"We have indeed been taking note of developments along Ukraine's border, including the Russian border," Rice told reporters.
"The Russians have stated that they are intending military exercises," she added. "Obviously given their past practice and the gap between what they have said and what they have done, we are watching it with skepticism."
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt |
- Global shares jump, yen slumps as BOJ cranks up stimulus |
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling