U.S.'s Rice: skeptical about Russia assurances on troop movement
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House national security adviser Susan Rice said on Friday the United States is skeptical of Russian assurances that troop movements on the Ukraine border are no more than military exercises.
"We have indeed been taking note of developments along Ukraine's border, including the Russian border," Rice told reporters.
"The Russians have stated that they are intending military exercises," she added. "Obviously given their past practice and the gap between what they have said and what they have done, we are watching it with skepticism."
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |