U.S.'s Rice: skeptical about Russia assurances on troop movement
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House national security adviser Susan Rice said on Friday the United States is skeptical of Russian assurances that troop movements on the Ukraine border are no more than military exercises.
"We have indeed been taking note of developments along Ukraine's border, including the Russian border," Rice told reporters.
"The Russians have stated that they are intending military exercises," she added. "Obviously given their past practice and the gap between what they have said and what they have done, we are watching it with skepticism."
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed may hint on rate-hike plan as it prepares for policy turn
- Scots' support for independence lags on eve of referendum |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies
Major U.S. poultry firms are administering antibiotics to their flocks far more pervasively than regulators realize, posing a potential risk to human health. Full Article