Health insurer Wellpoint raises full-year earnings forecast
March 21 (Reuters) - Health insurer Wellpoint Inc raised its earnings forecast for 2014, saying it expected to add 1 million to 1.3 million members by the end of the year.
The company raised its net income forecast to more than $8.20 per share from more than $8.00.
Analysts on average expect earnings of $8.37 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Wellpoint said it expected operating revenue to rise 4 percent to about $73 billion in 2014.
The company's shares were slightly higher at $100.40 in premarket trading. They closed at $99.71 on the New York Stock Exchange on Thursday. (Reporting By Vrinda Manocha in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse