French satellites reveal possible debris from Malaysia plane
KUALA LUMPUR, March 23
KUALA LUMPUR, March 23 (Reuters) - French satellites have spotted "potential objects" in the southern search area for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet, Malaysia said on Sunday.
"This morning, Malaysia received new satellite images from the French authorities," Malaysia's transport ministry said in a statement. "Malaysia immediately relayed these images to the Australian rescue co-ordination centre."
The ministry did not give any other details on the satellite images. (Reporting by Niluksi Koswanage; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |